Technical helper mains mcq 2022
Top 50 question ITI Electrician
Uprvunl tg2 question
Technical helper question pdf 2022
1. 100 V is applied t o a circuit where current flow is (10+j5)A. The active power will be
Ans A. 1000 W
B. 100 W
C. 500 W
D. 1500 W
2. Diversit y f act or is generally _______.
Ans A. Equal to zero
B. Less than unity
C. Greater than unity
D. Equal to unity
3. If t he capacitive react ance of t he circuit is 53.2 Ω and t he frequency is 60 Hz. The
capacit ance of t he circuit is _____.
Ans A. 50 µF
B. 50 F
C. 7 µF
D. 70 µF
4. Which of t he f ollowing is incorrect wit h respect t o concealed conduit wiring?
Ans A. No risk of shocks
B. Expensive as compared to surface conduit wiring
C. Ii is reliable and safe wiring system
D. Installation is easy
5. The load on each power sub circuit in electrical wiring should normaly t o restrict ed
t o _____.
Ans A. 3000 watts
B. 500 watts
C. 200 watts
D. 100000 watts
6. The electrical eart hing is done wit h t he help of ____.
Ans A. Low resistance wire connected between phase wire and ground
B. High resistance wire connected between non carrying current part of the equipment
C. Low resistance wire connected between non carrying current part of the equipment
D. High resistance wire connected between phase wire and ground
7. Find t he average value of t he current, I(t)=10+10π sin314t
Ans A. 20 Amp
B. 10 Amp
C. Zero Amp
D. 30 Amp
8. Which of t he f ollowing is not a t echnique of electrical wiring?
Ans A. Casing and Capping Wiring
B. Lead Sheathed Wiring
C. Hampton wiring
D. Batten Wiring
9. Penst ocks, valve, gat e, generat or are involved wit h _____.
Ans A. Nuclear Power
B. Hydro power
C. T hermal power
D. Fuel Cell
10. For maximum power transfer from source t o 5-j2 ohm of load, t he source
impedance will be ____.
Ans A. J2 ohm
B. -j2 0hm
C. 5+j2 ohm
D. 5 ohm
11. Which of t he f ollowing is not a part of t hermal power plant ?
Ans A. Superheater
C. Cooling tower
12. Energy produced due t o gravit ational f orce of attraction bet ween eart h and moon
or sun and eart h is:
Ans A. Micro-hydel Energy
B. Fusion Energy
C. T idal Energy
D. Geothermal Energy
13. Considering adding impurities to semiconductors, what is the abbreviation for ‘ppm’?
Ans A. Parts Per Mass
B. Parts Per Milligram
C. Parts Per Million
D. Parts Per Microgram
14. Which of the following does not have the direct correlation with the resistivity of
Ans A. Age hardening
15. A 5 H coil is coupled with a 20 H coil. What could be the maximum value of mutual
inductance between them considering no flux linkage?
Ans A. 12.5 H
B. 5 H
C. 10 H
D. 25 H
16. ‘dielectric constant’ is mathematically equal to which of the following?
Ans A. Relative permittivity
B. Loss factor
D. Relative permeability
17. Considering electromagnetic circuits, which of the following is unit less?
Ans A. Permeance
C. Relative permeability
D. Absolute permeability
18. In magnetic circuits, H = ______ per unit length of core.
Ans A. Flux density
19. Which of the following is the cheapest among others?
Ans A. Aluminium
20. A two-way switch technically is called as ______?
Ans A. DPST
21. In case of internal wiring, which of the following is placed between incoming service
cable and energy meter?
Ans A. Cut-out
C. Main switch
D. Distribution board
22. Which of the following is used to increase the acting head on the water wheel in a
hydro electric power plant?
Ans A. Surge tank
C. Draft tube
23. What is VAWT considering wind turbine?
Ans A. Variable Area Wind Turbine
B. Volt Ampere Wind Turbine
C. Vertical Axis Wind Turbine
D. Variable Axis Wind Turbine
24. If the supply frequency increases, the inductive reactance will ______ and capacitive
reactance will ______.
Ans A. increase, decrease
B. decrease, decrease
C. decrease, increase
D. increase, increase
25. For any given electrical machine, which of the following equation is TRUE?
Ans A. Input = losses – output
B. Input = Output – losses
C. Output = Input – losses
D. Output = Input
Pdf available here, download nowVK Mcq pdf
26 Which of the following is not an atomic fuel?
Ans A. Plutonium
27. For which of the following power plant, the initial cost is so high and the mass
(quantity) of fuel required per MW of output produced is less?
Ans A. Gas power plant
B. Steam power plant
C. Diesel power plant
D. Nuclear power plant
28. Shaded pole motor belongs to which of the following family of motors?
Ans A. DC motors
B. Three phase induction motors
C. Three phase Synchronous motors
D. Single phase induction motors
29. Stator of which of the following motors is similar?
Ans A. Induction motor and DC motor
B. Induction motor and synchronous motor
C. Synchronous motor and DC motor
D. Induction motor and stepper motor
30. For a short-pitched synchronous machine, (distribution factor) × (pitch factor) is
Ans A. always 0
B. always equal to 1
C. always less than 1
D. always greater than 1
31. State TRUE/FALSE for following statements:
1. A synchronous motor is a doubly excited machine.
2. Rotor poles of synchronous motor are excited by direct current.
Ans A. False, False
B. True, True
C. False, True
D. True, False
32. MT1, MT2 and GATE are the terminals of which of the following power electronics
Ans A. DIAC
Download pdf here free 40
33. Microphone is used at ______, and loud speaker is used at ______?
Ans A. transmitting end, receiving end
B. receiving end, transmitting end
C. receiving end, receiving end
D. transmitting end, transmitting end
34. State TRUE / FALSE for the following statements:
1. An indoor sub-station is less expensive than outdoor sub-station.
2. Fault location is easier in an outdoor sub-station than in indoor sub-station.
Ans A. False, True
B. False, False
C. True, False
D. True, True
35. Which of the following is not a characteristic of a transformer?
Ans A. Windings are electrically coupled
B. Rugged in construction
C. It has NO moving parts
D. Very high efficiency
36. Which of the following is an electromagnetic transducer?
Ans A. Solar cell
C. Fuel cell
37. Considering installation of transmission and distribution equipment, what is ‘ROW’?
Ans A. Red Or White
B. Right Or Wrong
C. Right Of Warning
D. Right Of Way
38. In MCCB, the alphabet ‘M’ stands for, which of the following?
Ans A. Mini
39. How many types of circuit breakers are available based on the arc quenching medium
Ans A. 2
40. For which of the following type of motor, least maintenance is required?
Ans A. DC motor
B. Three phase squirrel cage motor
C. Three Phase Synchronous motor
D. Three phase slip ring induction motor
41. Which of the following effect is NOT related to transmission of electrical
Ans A. Stroboscopic effect
B. Ferranti effect
C. Skin effect
D. Proximity effect
2 thoughts on “Technical helper mains mcq 2022”
sir AAP jaise phle questions hindi or english dono me upload krty thy.. vaise hi upload kreye sir please 🙏
Sir please Questions ko Strong likha kro … Mean Dark